We are a growing church and a church in need of more leaders. In Luke 10:2 Jesus says “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few.” There is much work to do and I’m looking for a few good men. If you think you may have a calling from God to serve as a leader in the church some way, please consider joining the next round of Leadership Development.
If you are interested in the leadership development group:
- Pastor Duane Smets
- Five months on and one month off with four sections meeting every other week (10 weeks a segment). Thus, the entire curriculum will take a total of two years.
- Once all four segments are completed, a third year of apprenticeship under an Elder or Deacon begins in order to work toward ordination and oral examination.
- Leadership development groups are no more than 12 men.
- Groups will be overseen by a facilitator who has been through all four segments.
- Each meeting will be led by a rotating member of the group who presents the material read and guides a discussion concerning it.
- All those in leadership development must either be leading something in the church or being trained to lead in the future.
Curriculum (Readings include selections various chapters from an array of books)
• Christian Hedonism – Desiring God, by John Piper
• Idolatry & God-centrality – Counterfeit gods & Prodigal God by Tim Keller
• Spiritual Disciplines – Spiritual Disciplines For The Christian Life by Donald Whitney
• Teachability & Repentance – Humility by C.J. Mahaney
Manhood, Marriage & Family
• Work, Money & Rest – Masculine Mandate by Richard Philips
• Complementarianism – God, Marriage & Family by Andrew Kosteburger
• Fatherhood – Shepherding A Childs Heart by Paul David Tripp
• Discipleship – Following The Master, by Michael Wilkins
• Existence of God – Apologetics To The Glory of God by John Frame
• Inerrancy – The Inspiration & Authority of the Bible by B.B. Warfield
• Person & Work of Jesus – The Cross of Christ by John Stott
• Election & Divine Sovereignty – When Grace Comes Home, by Terry Johnson
• Counseling – Instruments In The Redeemer’s Hands by Paul David Tripp
• Mission – Radical Reformission, by Mark Driscoll
• Hermeneutics – Theo 211 Materials by Duane Smets
• Eldership or Deaconship – Biblical Eldership or Minister of Mercy by Alexandar Strauch